We are looking for an enthusiastic, bright, and talented mid-level environmental for our Bozeman, MT office. This is an opportunity to work at a consulting firm that leads the industry in addressing problems associated with mining and mining related impacts, remedial design, strategic environmental business management and planning/development for international and U.S. natural resource companies. Combined with our national presence, we provide a wide range of opportunities for growth and career development.
A Project Engineer is typically assigned specific tasks on project teams and will oversee and serve as a mentor for work activities being performed by junior staff. The Project Engineer is expected to use his/her knowledge to resolve the engineering problems and tasks they are assigned or are overseeing including, but not limited to:
· Perform engineering calculations and technical evaluations in support of projects.
· Checking and verify engineering calculation briefs in support of ongoing projects.
· Ensure that project tasks are performed correctly with appropriate QA/QC.
· Assist with project-specific strategic planning.
· Cost/Benefit Analysis.
· Assist in the development of technical documents.
· Organize and maintain project files.
· Support business development activities.
· Assure that technical documents (drawings, reports, etc) are in accordance with company production and design standards.
· Effectively communicate with project staff, client managers and Agency personnel.
· Travel to job sites is required to support ongoing and potential project work activities.
· Work also involves the selection, coordination, and management of subcontractors, remedial cost estimating, and management of the scope, schedule, and budget for various project tasks. Report writing and interaction with project staff, clients and regulatory agencies will also play an important role in the candidate’s success.
· We are open to relocation for those folks looking to bring their career to Bozeman!
· Knowledge of and experience implementing programs in accordance with applicable environmental regulations.
· BS in environmental engineering preferred.
· 5 + years’ experience with environmental projects.
· Experience with CERCLA.
· Experience with remedial cost estimating.
· Excellent computer skills including familiarity with/working knowledge of GIS applications.
· Report writing skills are essential.
· Professional Registration (PE) preferred.