We are seeking a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial and experienced operations leader to serve as Managing Director of our DC office. The successful candidate must have extensive operational and business development experience, broad knowledge of the delivery of integrated engineering, transportation, planning, and environmental services to public and private sector clients, as well as a demonstrated ability to manage staff.
The individual must have deep industry relationships in the Metro DC region. The successful candidate must be able to lead the development and implementation of the office’s growth strategy, oversee complex projects and mentor staff.
- Establish the office’s annual business plan and oversee the achievement of business and financial goals
- Coordinate business development efforts to identify and pursue opportunities in multiple markets for public and private sector clients
- Work with the office leadership team to establish and achieve the strategic initiatives for the office
- Conduct office leadership meetings and office-wide staff meetings
- Oversee project performance
- Participate in local market business community activities to further the prominence of the company.
- Develop and grow company staff, and act as a mentor for all levels of the staff.
- Lead go/no-go and partnering decisions on strategic pursuits
- Oversee relationships with key clients and manages important project assignments
- Manage external visibility efforts
- Serve as a company ambassador, promoting our success and seeking innovative ways to lead
Skills and Abilities
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated track record in managing a growing office
- Proven ability to oversee a team of industry professionals
- Proven ability to generate new business
- Knowledgeable in a broad range of engineering, transportation, planning, and environmental topics, spanning both the public and private sectors
- Ability to think and act strategically in developing business and pursuing client targets
- Teamwork and collaboration skills, including the ability to mentor staff and successfully managing complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Highly-motivated self-starter
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- The successful candidate will have 15+ years of relevant management experience in a multi-disciplinary firm
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, transportation planning, environmental services or a related field; a master’s degree is preferred