What will you be doing?
Our collection systems operators participate in the operations and maintenance of our Wastewater Collection System and/or Wastewater Pumping Stations, which may include odor control systems, STEP systems, Vacuum Sewer Stations and Grinder Pumps (not all necessarily at this project site). This individual may also operate water and/or wastewater treatment plant equipment in a support role. Performs skilled, journeyman-level work in monitoring, repairing and controlling the functioning of pump station and plant equipment and processes. Working with SCADA systems and remote monitoring. Helping with inspections for fats, oils, grease (FOG) and infiltration and inflow (I&I). Successful candidates will need to be able to work out-side normally scheduled hours to respond to alarm conditions or support overall project needs. Carry an on-call phone or pager will be required and proper response times will be needed to ensure work can be completed satisfactorily. These responsibilities are not all inclusive and successful candidate may be requested to perform additional tasks.
What do you need to succeed?
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 0-3 years’ experience in the wastewater industry.
- Possess and maintain, as a minimum, a license/certificate for the state Maine preferred but not required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- May require an irregular work schedule and overtime hours.