What will you be doing?
Our Street Department Foreperson will partner with our Project Manager to organize work flow and schedule staff for operational coverage of the Street Department. The person selected for this position will need to be responsible for following all ordinances, orders and resolutions adopted by the city of Carlinville. This Street Department Foreperson is responsible for:
What will you need to succeed?
- The sewer collection system for the city of Carlinville.
- Mowing of the city cemetery and other city properties as needed.
- Water distribution system mains.
- Responsible for the continued maintenance and updating of the system that will track and monitor the progress of work orders for the city of Carlinville - Carlinville Department Order System (CSDOS).
- Assist the Project Manager with maintenance and updating of the annual Capital Planning document.
- Assist the Project Manager with preparation of the annual budget in the first quarter of the calendar year.
- Experience with maintenance, repair and installation of sewer collection systems and water
distribution main systems.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license and CDL required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of heavy equipment.
(i.e. backhoe, loaders, dump truck, etc.)
- Ability to operate smaller equipment (i.e. zero-turn mowers, weed-eaters, chain saws, etc.).
- Ability to work irregular shift and work outside normal hours as needed.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.
- Ability to obtain a license to spray chemicals for mosquito control in Illinois.