We are looking for a mid-level Environmental Planner to serve as the team leader on projects requiring compliance with City Environmental Quality Review (CEQR), the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA), and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
Substantial experience is required with CEQR projects that will be reviewed by city development offices. Projects will vary including single- and mixed-use developments and land use improvement programs.
In addition to managing environmental/planning projects, the Environmental Planner will also be responsible for assisting in proposal preparation, management and mentoring of staff.
The Environmental Planner will also be involved in pursuits and other business development opportunities with key clients in the public and private sectors.
- Manage and participate in the preparation of EAS, EAF, EIS, and similar environmental review documentation
- Provide oversight, direction, management, mentoring and ongoing open communication with staff
- Assist clients with the administration of CEQR and SEQRA processes
- Attend and participate in public meetings and hearings
- Drafting of project proposals and participate in business development activities with key clients
Skills and abilities:
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Team oriented with strong capability to motivate others
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Demonstrated superior ability in collaborative problem solving with stakeholders, clients, and teammates
- Experience with presenting before reviewing agencies and community boards
- Experience leading project team meetings on behalf of clients
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and GIS
- Experience with SketchUp and Adobe Suite a plus
- 6 to 10 years of CEQR and/or SEQRA compliance experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Graduate Degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, Environmental Studies, Public Policy or related discipline
- Experience working on development projects in the New York City metro area
- Proven ability in managing junior staff members
- Demonstrated experience in proposal writing and the ability to provide writing samples
- Experience in public presentations and public hearings
- We regret that we are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visas at this time