Survey Instrument Operator
We have an immediate opening for an entry level or an experienced Survey Instrument Operator. Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Perform various land surveying tasks under the direction of more senior Land Surveyors including; Operation, transport and setup of Total Stations, Data Collectors, GPS, and other Land Surveying equipment.
- Reconnaissance and recovery of Land Surveying markers through use of hand tools and digging.
- Ability to transport Land Surveying Equipment, navigate and traverse through difficult terrain, environments and wooded areas.
- Performs construction stakeout of proposed improvements, including installation of stakes through use of sledgehammers and hand tools.
- Maintains proper care of all survey equipment.
- Requires valid Driver's license and ability to operate company vehicles, including large cargo vans.
- Documents all phases of survey work through clear field notes and data collection
- Land surveying including but not limited to Boundary line, Topographic survey, Construction stakeout and utility surveys.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to learn the proper use of GPS equipment and Robotic Instruments and mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of geometry
- Understands the basics of Boundary Survey, Topographic, Construction and Utility Surveys
- Able to think critically
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with survey staff and clients
- 0 - 2 years of prior experience with progressive land surveying experience
- Must be detail oriented, willing to work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to outdoor elements and willing to travel
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs