What you will be doing:
You will join a strong team of motivated individuals and contribute to the successful completion of instrumentation and controls (I&C) implementation projects for our municipal and industrial water and wastewater clients on a regional and national basis. As part of our team, you will be asked to interface with clients, consultants, design staff and other design disciplines to understand their process, instrumentation and controls requirements to produce deliverables associated with Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems. Typical implementation tasks include:
- Participate in site investigations to gather information about the client’s systems, equipment and instruments to develop project plans and cost estimates to proactively maintain and upgrade the system;
- Develop process logic for Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) used in the monitoring and control of water and wastewater treatment systems;
- Design graphical screens that represent process equipment and instrumentation in the Human Machine Interface (HMI) software packages used by our clients;
- Design graphical screens for the Operator Interface Terminals (OITs) utilized in our SCADA systems;
- Create automated reports, via specialized reporting software, to collect process information monitored by the SCADA system for use by the client or submission to regulatory agencies;
- Participate in the installation (oversight of contractors and guidance in wiring terminations), checkout and modification of the field wiring associated with the equipment and instruments connected to the SCADA system;
- Configure and calibrate instrumentation, including level, pressure, flow, temperature, process analyzers and more, and connecting to the SCADA system;
- Participate in the testing and startup of the process equipment, instruments and SCADA system to ensure the SCADA system monitors and controls the equipment as intended;
- Train operations personnel on the use, maintenance and troubleshooting of the SCADA system hardware, software and installation;
- Participate in QA/QC activities for both the design deliverables produced by the design team and the code developed by the controls team.
You will be asked to act as the lead for medium to large implementation projects, both standalone SCADA upgrade projects and as part of larger multidisciplinary projects. It is critical to be able to understand the overall project requirements, and meet important milestones and deadlines associated with the project. You will be asked to provide direction and mentoring to junior staff in the execution of project tasks and contribute to the overall improvement of the implementation team efficiency and effectiveness.
What you need to succeed:
- Able to work independently, but also able to contribute in a team environment;
- Have strong communication skills (oral and written);
- Possess strong organizational skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Self-motivated and self-starting;
- Able/willing to provide mentoring and direction to junior staff;
- Not afraid to ask questions.
As we continue to grow our national footprint, we increase our opportunities to work with clients from all areas of the United States. Because of this, the candidate must be flexible for 50% travel in the Missouri region and nationwide. Travel will predominantly consist of day trips with the occasional overnight.
- AS or BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or associated field;
- 8+ years’ experience in control system integration;
- Extensive experience with Allen-Bradley PLC hardware and software (other PLC experience is a bonus);
- Extensive experience with Allen-Bradley FactoryTalkView SE and GE Proficy iFix HMI software (other HMI package experience is a bonus);
- Experience configuring and developing graphics for OITs such as Allen-Bradley PanelView and Automation Direct C-More;
- Experience with automated reporting software (such as SyTech’s XLReporter);
- Hands-on experience configuring, interfacing with and troubleshooting instrumentation found in the water and wastewater industry;
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude;
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Access experience is a bonus);
- Computer networking experience (hardware and configuration) is a bonus;
- Experience in higher programming language (VB, C++, Java) is a bonus;
- Water/wastewater industry experience is a bonus.