Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a motivated project level environmental service specialist to join our Operations & Management team. If you want to expand your career and expand your skills while working alongside a group of responsive, cross-disciplinary experts, then this is the opportunity for you! You will be involved with project work from your first day, working side-by-side with experienced operators, engineers and scientists to help clients address their environmental health & safety challenges, hazardous waste management and wastewater operations. Exercise your creativity and problem-solving skills in a supportive environment where every perspective is valued. We are a mission-driven organization that puts our people first, with a culture that focuses on providing meaningful work, engaging challenges, recognition, and reward.
What will you be doing?
Based out of either of our New Jersey offices or our wastewater facilities in Bridgewater or Freehold, NJ. Essential duties will include field work (site inspections, compliance audits, data gathering, etc.), regulatory review and investigation, environmental compliance program development (e.g., plans, permits, training, assessments), data management (spreadsheet and database), environmental literature searches/reviews, and report writing under minimal supervision within specific guidelines and protocols on complex assignments and problems. You will also provide oversight for compliance items, protocol and reporting for our site operations.
What will you need to succeed?
- BS or BA, with a strong background in chemistry, biology, geology, environmental science, or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience in water, wastewater, groundwater remediation or hazardous waste management or environmental consulting.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Access, and database software preferred. GIS experience a plus.
- Excellent writing communication skills.
- Licensed treatment plant operator in NJ or equivalent is a plus.
- 40-hour OSHA training is a plus.
- Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and balance multiple projects and tasks.