As the traditional It-based principles of server-client architectures, segmented networks and virtualized environments comes to the industrial controls/SCADA world, the SCADA design and implementation teams in need of an individual possessing experience in those areas. We can share our wealth of knowledge around industrial controls and SCADA systems, and the successful candidate will act as our subject matter expert (SME) to help us take the solutions we provide our clients to the next level.
The successful candidate will join a strong team of motivated individuals and contribute to the continuing innovation and improvement of industrial control system design and implementation projects for municipal and industrial water and wastewater clients on a regional and national basis. As part of our team, the candidate will collaborate with instrumentation and control (I&C) design staff, implementation engineers, project managers, consultants and clients to design, configure and commission the Windows systems and IT networks associated with supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems. Typical responsibilities include:
- Lead and contribute to hands-on network assessments, design and implementation of small to medium SCADA control networks for water and wastewater treatment processes;
- Configure small to medium sized Windows Server-based virtualization solutions such as servers, thin clients, thick clients, and more;
- Configure and commission industrial networking hardware, including security appliances, Ethernet switches, wireless access points, cellular modems, and more;
- Communicate to internal and external project team members the impact and requirements of production networks related to PLCs, HMI/SCADA, plant historian, motor control, IT enterprise systems, etc.
- QA/QC design deliverables produced by the design team and the configurations developed by the integration team around SCADA networks;
- Develop and provide technical training on networking principles and practices to design staff and integration staff, including networking design, component selection, networking theory, configuration of specific equipment, configure maintenance and troubleshooting practices, and more.
- Document security policies, user requirements, system specifications, proposed system designs for the physical and logical aspects of industrial control system networks;
- Stay current with industry best practices and apply these practices in deliverables.
To be successful as a member of our team, the candidate should exhibit these traits:
- Able to work independently, but also able to contribute in a team environment;
- Have strong communication skills (oral and written) and effectively communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Possess strong organizational skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Self-motivated and self-starting;
- Able/willing to provide mentoring and direction to junior staff;
- Not afraid to ask questions.
As we continue to grow our national footprint, we increase our opportunities to work with regional and national clients. Because of this, the candidate must be flexible for 10% travel in the New England region and nationwide. Travel will predominantly consist of day trips with the occasional overnight.
- BS in Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or associated field;
- 3 years’ experience designing, deploying, administering, troubleshooting, and tuning Windows systems and servers in small to medium network environments;
- 3 years’ experience configuring IT equipment (Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet, switches, routers, security appliances, etc.);
- Previous experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team implementing & completing full project life-cycle activities;
- Network engineering certifications (CCENT, CCNA Routing and Switching/Wireless, CINS, GICSP or equivalent);
- Windows administration certifications (NEED GUIDANCE HERE)
- Understanding of Converged Plantwide Ethernet Design and Implementation;
- Understanding of relevant ISA, ANSI, NEMA, NEC and NIST standards;
- Strong experience with server-thin client configurations;
- Experience with firmware and patching programs, implementation and management of endpoint protection;
- Experience in Active Directory administration; Group Policies, Microsoft Server 2012 R2 & 2016
- Experience with Windows Active Directory, SCOM, SCCM, SCVMM, DPM, and PowerShell
- Experience developing and supporting IT governance and policies
- Experience with Hyper-V and VMWare
- Experience with remote access – Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, Terminal Services and VPN
- Exposure industrial control systems including PLC & HMI/SCADA;
- Water/wastewater industry experience;