We have an immediate openings for a Cabling Technician to perform the installation of commercial Network and Low Voltage Infrastructure wiring (Structured Cabling). Educate customers on the proper use of all installed equipment, and address questions or concerns of the customer.
- Perform New Commercial Data, Voice, Fiber Optic and Paging cabling.
- Work involves driving a company vehicle; using hand tools; Climbing ladders; using scissors.
- Perform Customer Instruction on System Operation and
- Perform System Testing and Signal.
- Follows all company safety policies and procedures; and reports all accidents, hazards, and equipment.
- Attends and participates in various meetings within the
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and
- Basic to advanced technical skills and knowledge of telecommunications industry and/or installation including voice, data and video structured cabling
- Industry specific Manufacturer Certifications and BICSI training and/or Certifications preferred. Must be interested and able to attain these licenses and
- State of Maine technicians must possess or acquire a Maine State Low Voltage
- A strong working knowledge of TIA and BICSI Standards; including installation, trouble shooting and service.
- Working knowledge of building codes, electrical codes, communication standards and Experience in communications cabling is strongly preferred.
- Ability to follow blueprints, notes and specifications to meets the job
- Basic written and verbal communications
- Experience with construction and adherence to large and small project scheduling
- Enjoys hands-on problem solving in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a professional team
- Willingness to be a positive leader and a great “follower”
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional
- Excellent communication and listening
- Strong team-building, customer service, and interpersonal
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.