What you will be doing:
This Practice Leader position provides a unique opportunity to join the leadership team of one of the more exciting and fast-growing firms in the industry. You will focus on advancing the capabilities and market exposure of a Practice. Your primary focus is to understand markets and drivers in their area of practice and practice specific bookings goal. This includes understanding the technical expertise needed to capture the market and understanding current and required marketplace credibility, both externally and internally among our Senior Client Manager. You will support marketplace teams across our geographies to advance their Community of Practice.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial leader with a diverse background in planning and urban design to lead our Community Development and Urban Revitalization Practice. This practice focuses on planning and urban design projects ranging from redevelopment plans for urban districts, campus master plans, neighborhood revitalization plans with affordable housing emphasis, mixed income housing master plans, comprehensive plans and parks/open space systems plans for cities, colleges, and universities located nationwide.
The Practice also includes parks and recreation design and master planning; trails/greenways and bikeway planning; brownfield redevelopment, city/county comprehensive planning; citizen participation; redevelopment land planning; streetscape/urban design; military planning; historic preservation; sustainable design/green infrastructure; and cemetery design and master planning.
The ideal candidate will have strong track record of leadership of a similar practice and leadership roles in professional planning organizations (such as the American Planning Association).
What you will be doing:
· Maintain external leadership role in the planning and implementation of projects.
· Work with our funding team to develop strategies financing planning and redevelopment opportunities for municipalities and higher education.
· Advise planning and development departments on various urban revitalization programs and funding strategies to finance redevelopment opportunities.
· Conduct marketplace technical capability differentiation by making national and regional-level technical publications & presentations and serve in professional technical leadership positions in outside organizations to increase our market visibility.
· Identify business needs to become more successful across markets and work with Clients/Managers/Business Development Leaders to pursue opportunities in these areas.
· Identify growth areas for the Practice across our national geographies and markets.
· Advise and or assist in the development of proposals and projects based on technical expertise.
· Maintain an internal knowledge sharing feed within the community of practice.
· Support technical initiatives.
· Work with Practice Leadership to set technical direction or review scope on significant projects in Practice area.
· Develop annual budget for technical needs (for example, training & Software) for practice.
· Coordinate with Company Leadership on planned expansion of the Practice resources to meet the identified market demands.
· Prepare Strategic Plan for practice.
· Annual business planning for practice.
What you need to succeed:
· Master’s degree in Planning and/or Urban Design required; additional degree in Landscape Architecture would be preferred but not required.
· AICP certification required; LEED AP Certification preferred but not required.
· Landscape Architect Registration preferred but not required.
· Membership in national planning organizations (such as APA) required; current or prior leadership roles in these organizations preferred.
· Minimum 15 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the execution and management in the marketplace.