Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a motivated scientist to join our Environment & Remediation team. If you want to expand your career and your skills while working alongside talented experts, then this is the opportunity for you! You will be involved with project work from your first day, working side-by-side with experienced engineers and scientists to help clients address their environmental challenges. Exercise your creativity and problem-solving skills in a supportive environment where every perspective is valued. We are a mission-driven organization that puts our people first, with a culture that focuses on providing meaningful work, engaging challenges, recognition, and reward.
What will you be doing?
Our risk assessment group seeks a full-time mid-level scientist to support the risk assessment services group in our Dedham, MA and Providence, RI offices . We apply these risk capabilities across the country, both as a “stand alone” service as well as in support of other corrective action services, litigation support, etc. Primary duties will include conducting human health and ecological risk assessments; creation and maintenance of project databases; data evaluation and presentation; fate and transport and exposure modeling; literature searches/reviews; report writing; and occasional field work. Candidates with risk assessment experience serving private and/or public sector clients are strongly encouraged to apply.
What will you need to succeed?
- BS or BA (MS/MPH preferred), with a strong academic background in chemistry, biology, geology, environmental science, toxicology, biostatistics, or related field.
- 3-6 years of experience in conducting human health risk assessments (CERCLA and state-led)
- Experience with ecological risk assessment a plus
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; statistical programs; and Access or other database software. Experience with ArcGIS preferred.
- Experience in environmental data evaluation/management and statistics.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to manage tasks effectively.
- Experience with public speaking (preferred).
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training (preferred).
Candidate must be able to work independently, communicate effectively and balance multiple projects and tasks.