Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Custom Software Tester to join a small development team to assess software quality through manual and automated testing throughout the development cycle. Ultimately, the QA tester will ensure that our custom software applications and ERP system works correctly. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and excel in executing test cases. We need someone who can champion for quality assurance. If you are passionate about quality, we’d like to meet you. Please note, this role will start out on a temporary basis with the option to go permanent.
What You will be doing:
- Review and analyze system specifications.
- Collaborate with developers, business analysts, system administrators and internal customers to develop use cases, test procedures and plans (manual and automated) based on system and software requirements.
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results.
- Log and manage testing results & defects through all phases of the testing process.
- Perform quality, regression, and performance testing.
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development life cycle.
- Identify and recommend Quality Assurance process and procedure improvements.
- Regularly summarize testing status and areas of risk, and when possible, propose and execute mitigation strategies.
- Write and maintain testing documentation on subjects including core functionality and software issue creation/resolution.
- Develop new tests that validate new features, verify issue resolution, perform stress tests, sanity tests, and identify security weak points.
- Work with developers to incorporate test frameworks.
What you need to succeed!
To be successful in this role, you will need to be detail oriented, highly organized and adaptable in a high-speed and changing environment, and able to work tight timelines. You will need to demonstrate strong analytical skills, data analysis skills and have a comprehensive understanding of business processes. You will need to be a task-oriented, self-motivated individual who is passionate about quality assurance. Knowledge of Software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies, testing tools and methodologies is key to drive success.
- 3+ years of experience with a Bachelors degree, or the equivalent years of experience without a degree.
- Experience with software testing, software quality assurance, and testing of web/database applications and ERP systems.
- Experience with test automation and the creation of automated test suites.
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors.
- Adaptable team player who is willing to work in an environment where things are often changing and dynamic.
- Enjoys challenges.
- Experience executing positive and negative test scenarios.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and testing methodologies.
- Experience supporting a team of developers.
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills (asks questions, makes contributions, shares necessary information).
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously with competing deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Experience working with a dispersed team.
- Technical aptitude and proficiency with Microsoft Office and document production tools.
- Working knowledge of test management software, automated software testing tools and SQL a plus.
- Familiarity with SQL and/or other data analysis tools.
- Finance/ERP experience, particularly in the A&E Consulting realm.
- Familiarity with user interface design.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS.
- Certification from ISTQB, Foundation-level or higher, or other recognized software testing certification.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
Nice to haves: