Our dedicated and talented Health & Safety team is led by our H&S Director, supported by our H&S Administrator and three H&S Managers who each assist the different functional and geographic areas of our business – Consulting, Operations & Maintenance(O&M) East, and Operations & Maintenance West, this person will support our Operations & Management SBU.
We are seeking a Health & Safety Manager to join our growing Health & Safety team. This position will play a key role in providing guidance and assistance to internal clients regarding regulatory and company compliance requirements and other matters pertaining to health and safety matters in our Operations & Management Business unit (East region).
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to assessing health & safety needs and risk, assisting in the implementation of safety programs and policies, and assisting in creating the systems, procedures, and tools necessary to effectively implement corporate safety programs and policies throughout the business. The successful candidate for this position will work closely with our Safety Director, and Operations Leaders.
What will you need to succeed?
- Experience conducting comprehensive safety audits.
- In-depth knowledge with and experience applying safety standards, including OSHA.
- Develop and effectively present Health & Safety training material.
- Site-specific safety plan development and technical review.
- Manage the incident evaluation process, providing guidance to Managers and ensuring completion of resulting preventative measures.
- Must be able to provide safety leadership to internal clients and assist in addressing safety issues relating to business needs.
- Ability to build trust and strong personal relationships through proven consistency and leadership.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Ability to organize data and processes.
- Ability to meet deadlines and independently make decisions.
- Must have a strong occupational health & safety background with a minimum of 10 years direct experience. Degree in safety science or related certification (CSP, CIH, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with water/wastewater systems and electrical safety strongly preferred.
- Experience with Health & Safety Management systems and deployment of Health & Safety programs to a complex organization, with multiple business operations at multiple sites.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time