We are offering a unique opportunity to join our Portland, ME team providing high quality civil and environmental services to the municipal and industrial clients throughout the region. We are looking for a motivated, growth oriented professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to serve in a key role on a respected team of experienced professionals in an office that is growing into one of the firm’s premier locations.
The successful candidate will have technical expertise in the field of civil and environmental engineering and have in-depth understanding of the engineering concepts associated with stormwater management, site design, flood mitigation, urban revitalization, utility infrastructure, solid waste, solar, municipal engineering consulting, and other exciting civil engineering projects. The candidate will have experience preparing permit applications, engineering reports, contract documents for construction, and overseeing construction of work design. Familiarity with local, state and federal permitting is a plus.
In addition, this position will require experience in the following supervisory and project engineering duties:
- Making decisions independently on engineering problems and methods.
- Mentoring and directing staff on technical assignments, and reviewing technical work completed by engineers under supervision.
- Interacting with clients and regulatory agencies, representing the firm in a professional manner.
- BS in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience with an engineering firm.
- Experience with consulting engineering and demonstrated leadership skills a plus.
- PE registration preferred, or the ability to achieve registration within 1 year.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Land Development Desktop/Civil 3D.
- Proficient with stormwater management design and computer software.
- Hands on experience with municipal and private-sector projects and clients.
- Exposure to geotechnical and transportation components of project is considered a plus