We are offering a unique opportunity to join our team in one of our New England or New York offices providing high quality water engineering services to municipal and industrial clients throughout the region and across the nation. The successful candidate will be a motivated, experienced, innovative, growth oriented professional with an ability to lead multi-discipline project teams from the concept, final design, construction phases, start-up, and operations of facilities. You will have the ability to mentor staff and routinely support clients, and will have the opportunity to work seamlessly with our integrated operations and SCADA teams to help you deliver a better product.
The selected candidate will primarily provide engineering expertise to lead or support drinking water projects, however experience with wastewater and storm water applications is valuable. This position will have an opportunity to direct and collaborate with a team of mid and junior level staff and work closely with our existing experts and management team. The ideal candidate is an energetic, technically focused manager with strong experience in drinking water facility design and construction, the study and planning phases of infrastructure improvements, and is familiar with a broad range of issues related to supply, treatment and distribution of potable water. The candidate will lead the technical delivery of multiple projects and must be familiar with local regulators and be able to support marketing and proposal efforts, as appropriate.
- Acts as the technical lead for projects, including leading the interaction with other disciplines necessary to deliver the work.
- Provide coaching and mentorship of staff and engage in the career development of the Practice team members
- Supports Project Manager and/or directly manages the technical delivery of projects, including developing innovative approaches and technical strategies with the Practice Leaders.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to internal and/or external clients/professional associations.
- Working closely with Practice Leaders to engage in the marketplace and identify technical market trends
- Participate in external and internal committees, presentations, and publications.
- Work with the Practice Leaders to identify training programs for the staff members of the Practice.
- The successful candidate should have technical and/or project management expertise in the field of civil and environmental engineering and have in-depth understanding of the engineering concepts associated with all types of municipal water systems including distribution system hydraulic modeling, water treatment processes and distribution systems infrastructure.
- Well versed in state and federal regulations regarding water treatment and distribution systems.
- Knowledgeable in state bidding laws and funding programs.
- Up to date on the latest advances in technology, regulatory trends, equipment and processes.
- 12+ years of engineering experience.
- B.S. Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering,
- Registered Professional Engineer.