Who We Are Looking For:
We are seeking a motivated accounting professional to support our accounting and finance team. This position will offer a blend of corporate accounting and month-end close, internal controls and audit support, and financial analysis and reporting duties. The ideal candidate will have a solid accounting and internal controls background, strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, as well as excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service. The position will provide the opportunity to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees and external agencies. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to join a great team and support a growing company! Responsibilities may include:
- Completing assigned areas of monthly closing process, including preparation of assigned journal entries and supporting schedules, analysis of indirect costs to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis, research and explanations of variances, audit GL account usage for compliance with established usage guidelines, and preparation of financial statements and reports.
- Performing the accounting for several key areas such as leases, inter-company accounting and consolidation. Preparing assigned account reconciliations, resolve reconciling differences, and assist with the review process.
- Assisting with coordinating the interim and annual external audits and related document requests. Prepare assigned audit workpapers and respond to related audit inquiries. Preparing assigned portions of schedules supporting the FAR overhead rate audit and complete related internal controls questionnaire.
- Key participant in planning, documentation and monitoring of internal control activities. Document planning, coordinate and perform testing, and document results of testing and related recommendations.
- Becoming knowledgeable of relevant accounting developments and incorporate changes into own work processes and procedures.
- Assisting others with implementation of new or updated accounting policies and procedures and assisting with development of related training / tools.
- Preparing and submitting periodic bank compliance reporting and maintain supporting schedules.
- Participating in accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments.
- Participating in budgeting and forecasting activities for assigned indirect expense accounts.
- Utilizing internal policies, GAAP, experience and judgment to make decisions and accomplish goals.
What You Will Need To Succeed:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 4+ years accounting / finance experience; CPA preferred.
- Sound working knowledge of GAAP and accounting procedures and experience with internal controls.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines and work flexible hours during times of peak workload.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.