Who we are looking for:
This role works on a small development team to build and optimize complex, custom software applications. Being a small team, we share responsibilities outside of our primary areas of expertise. This position will encompass the Business Analyst/Project Management/Quality Assurance roles. Specifically, this role acts as an intermediary between internal customers and the Application Development Team to collect, clarify, and document business and functional requirements (using appropriate tools and models) from which custom solutions are developed.
The location for this role is flexible between the Maine and Massachusetts markets and we will also consider applicants who may work virtually from other locations.
What You will be doing:
- Partner with business stakeholders and the Application Development team (QA/Programmers) to analyze complex business drivers and requirements, translate them into comprehensive, detailed user and functional requirements specifications.
- Own the documentation. Create new, and manage current specs, test plans, user guides, training materials. Draft systems specifications and designs detailing with the logic, configuration, and security requirements to be implemented.
- Create flowcharts, process diagrams, storyboards and/or wireframes for UI designs and provide feedback on User Interface based on UI best practices.
- Collaborate with and serve as a liaison between users, business stakeholders and Application Development to conduct gap analysis, evaluate workflows, and identify feasible alternative solutions that meet defined business objectives and resolve business issues.
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) including developing test plans, coordinating user participation, and follow up on bugs or issues raised during UAT.
- Develop test plans and test system functionality to ensure new products, enhancements and bug fixes have corrected identified problems without introducing regression issues. Log, track, and follow bugs through development life cycle.
- Provide tier 2 end user support and conduct training sessions.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously to provide delivery estimates, keep the project on track and within scope and communicate project progress to stakeholders.
- Coordinate and run meetings, summarize and follow up on next steps with stakeholders, end users and the Application Development team.
What you need to succeed!
To be successful in this role, you will need to be detail oriented, highly organized and adaptable in a high-speed and changing environment, and able to work tight timelines. You will need to demonstrate strong analytical skills and a comprehensive understanding of business processes. You will need to be a task-oriented, self-motivated individual who is passionate about problem solving. Knowledge of Software development life-cycle (SDLC) methodologies, tools, reporting solutions, Data Science and associated modeling is key to drive success.
- 3+ years of experience with a Bachelors degree, or the equivalent years of experience without a degree.
- Experience gathering and/or helping define business requirements for and supporting custom software development projects.
- Experience developing and implementing test plans.
- Ability to conceptually outline a high level-design of how a system would work based on business requirements.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, analytical and data analysis skills.
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously with competing deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Technical aptitude and proficiency with Microsoft Office and document production tools.
- Strong analytical and QA skills; proven attention to details and accuracy.
- Experience developing and executing tests including regression tests.
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and software development methodologies.
- Demonstrate adaptability, flexibility and the ability to get up to speed quickly with the applications we support.
- Able to work independently and within small and large teams.
- Superb project management skills including identification of key stakeholders, ability to achieve agreement, development of sound action plans, consistent follow-up
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with SQL and/or other data analysis tools.
- Finance/ERP experience, particularly in the A&E Consulting realm.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS.
- Business Analyst certification.