Are you a skilled JS Software developer who would be like to be part of an exciting international team based in Portland, Maine?
You'll be part of the team responsible for the cloud infrastructure and the APIs that support feature development, and everything in between. You will help us maintain our existing infrastructure and scale it to support our expanding international customer base. You will help reliably serve more requests to more customers, while ensuring data integrity and platform security. You will help gather requirements and distill actionable stories from our internal and external team members.
Even though you are generally not customer-facing, we trust that you will care deeply about our relationship with each customer and that guides your daily work. You are a self-starting problem-solver who balances the need to explore and innovate with delivering solutions quickly and reliably to our customers. You are a skilled troubleshooter, but know when to seek advice to avoid being blocked.
Are you someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other technical field
- 2+ years API development (Node.js and Express.js preferred)
- 2+ experience designing and maintaining relational data models and writing performant SQL queries.
What you will work on
- Design and develop features for our web based fiber management platform and enable our customers to design, sell, and manage their next-gen broadband networks.
- Technically challenging GIS-based systems including state of the art tile servers, fiber network models, and interactive maps. All built on open source libraries and tools.
- Web services that extend the our platform to work with other critical systems
- Support the production systems that serve our global platform by triaging bugs and application performance issues, and periodically participating in on-call rotations
Why this position may interest you
- You thrive in a collaborative, positive, and supportive environment, and want to help build our culture of learning.
- Excited about working with small teams and early stage companies
- You want to work on meaningful projects that have significant social impacts
- Able to break down product requirements into deliverable software
- Enthusiasm to work on new things and a readiness to jump in and contribute
- Proficient in writing unit and integration tests.
What skills are helpful
- Experience working with spatial data (PostGIS)
- An understanding of frontend mapping technologies (Leaflet, MapboxGL.js)
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
If this looks like a fit for you, please upload a MS word copy of your resume under this job title at www.IntWork.com