Looking for a passionate front end software engineer to bring their experience to a young, growing team working on a geospatial mapping SaaS platform.
The platform is a proprietary GIS mapping solution transforming the way broadband providers plan, design, and operate their local and global networks and has been adopted by organizations deploying fiber optic networks all around the United States and in over a dozen other countries.
Our front end software engineers use a variety of languages, libraries, frameworks, and technologies. They are always working collaboratively, learning along the way, and finding that fine line between cutting edge and proven techniques. We come from a GIS and mapping applications background, and focus our energy on map-based solutions using best-fit geospatial libraries to get our work done. We are deeply involved in Open Source geospatial (FOSS4G); technology, community, and philosophy. Don’t worry if you haven’t worked with these kinds of tools before; if you come to us with aptitude, curiosity, and a hunger for learning about map-based applications, we will show you the rest.
As a company, we are very customer oriented—it’s part of our DNA, and is manifested in the way we focus on UX/UI detail, listen to our customers, and provide strong customer support. We are an agile organization that includes everyone on the team in the agile approach and process—the developers, the UX designers, GIS Specialists, and the product owners. Everyone is involved, provides input, and works together to deliver a world class SaaS product experience.
What you will do:
- Develop incredible customer facing web UX/UIs that are attractive, intuitive, and easy to use
- Take complex engineering and mapping concepts and make them accessible to a wide audience of users
- Use creative tools to graphically represent, expose, and edit specific detailed information about broadband assets and characteristics
- Participate in agile team activities, including: story writing, planning, estimation, daily stand ups
What you should bring:
- Demonstrated fluency in core web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS) and contemporary front end frameworks (Vue.js / React / Angular)
- Experience with D3 and other data visualization tools
- An understanding of mapping libraries such as Leaflet, OpenLayers, Turf, and MapBox GL
- Excitement about working with a small, collaborative team on meaningful projects
- Knowledge of how to build and support scalable web applications
- Experience with geospatial toolkits like QGIS, ArcGIS and Google Maps
- Proficiency in a variety of database technologies, ideally including PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Experience in Node.js and Python
- Experience scaling applications within AWS.
- Experience in a growing SaaS startup environment with an all hands on deck attitude and a passion for getting the job done