The Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer is responsible for developing software for a diverse array of products and applications in the industrial, medical, automotive and military markets. Our company is looking for an experienced, self-directed Software Engineer, capable of working independently or as part of a team, prepared to take on the challenge of working on dynamic and diverse projects. The right candidate will have at least 10 years of experience working on embedded products using industry standard best practices for software development.
- Excellent C/C++ for embedded systems development is a must.
- Programming for both Bare Metal and multi-threaded RTOS systems.
- In-depth knowledge of ARM and PIC processors. DSP and FPGA experience a plus.
- Strong experience developing for real-time systems, low-level drivers and hardware interfaces.
- Experience with the following communication interfaces: I2C, SPI, CAN, USB. Experience with TCP/IP, WiFi, Bluetooth a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with lab equipment: Oscilloscopes, power supplies, multi-meters.
- Experience managing source code through a Git source control system.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to follow Software Development Plan guidance and processes so as to generate code, technical software descriptions, and other artifacts as required by the software development processes.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other developers, hardware engineers and testers in the development of the system.
- Ability to occasionally act as software technical lead for projects.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related degree is required for this position
- Minimum of 10 years developing software for embedded systems.