Have a leading role in design, test and troubleshooting electronic circuitry and embedded software to produce new products for our Company and its customers.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Design and develop electronic schematics related to the design of complex products.
- Generate and test electronic designs to verify designs meet product specifications.
- Develop designs that promote manufacturability and testability.
- Develop product specifications based on requirements and identify risk areas and potential improvements.
- Determine the best design and development approach based on performance, cost and resources.
- Write original embedded software to support the hardware to meet requirements.
- Work with the design team to promote and establish good working practices.
- Perform technical evaluations of new business opportunities in support of sales and marketing.
- Conduct effective design reviews to produce the best design solutions.
- Leadership in training and guiding junior engineers.
- Strong electronic design abilities using advanced analog and digital components to create designs based on product specifications.
- Ability to troubleshoot PCBs to the component level.
- Good embedded programming skills using a higher level language such as C.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements that may affect the design such as UL and IEC.
- Ability to develop schematics using a CAD package such as PADS.
- Familiarity with test methodologies within a manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with SMT technology and standard design and manufacturing techniques for printed circuit boards.
- Ability to follow established design procedures during the development cycle and document the design to our company’s standards.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and have the ability to work between multiple departments in carrying out this position’s duties.
- Provide project and technical leadership under the direction of Sr. Management.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree
- Minimum of 10 years designing and testing electronic circuitry.