Manufacturing Process and Test Engineering, Full Time
The primary role of this position is to manage the development and improvement of the manufacturing processes and product assembly procedures. The Manager of Process Engineering coordinates the development of manufacturing processes and product/process improvements oriented at improving quality and reliability, while lowering total costs.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Directs and coordinates the process engineering group activities in the design, development, implementation and improvement of systems, processes and product assembly procedures.
- Provides planning, direction, and coordination for all process activities to ensure optimum use of workers, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Plans and establishes process engineering projects and follows up performance against estimates.
Initiates cost reduction proposals, compiles appropriate information, makes recommendations for action, and checks on results obtained.
- Manages the implementation of product design changes.
- Oversees the implementation of new equipment and new processes including the identification, source selection, validation, manufacturing implementation and training.
- Ensures the active consultation with new product development teams regarding manufacturing capabilities and issues related to design for manufacturability, test and assembly.
- Assists in the preparation of new product cost estimates.
- Directs the technical training in manufacturing techniques, methods and processes provided to manufacturing associates.
- Actively maintains knowledge of new manufacturing technologies, methods and techniques.
- Administers group personnel functions such as recruiting, hiring, and performance reviews.
- Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures, and objectives regarding processes, initiatives, and projects.
- Excellent software abilities: MS Office –proficiency necessary. Experience with Solidworks, Autocad and MS Project a plus.
- Ability to manage self directed on a day to day basis.
- Ability to work in environments experiencing routine and rapid change.
- Excellent organization and decision making skills.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm.
- B.S. or equivalent in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or Industrial Technology.
- 5-10 years of related of work experience required.
- Experience with printed circuit board assembly and test highly desirable.
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing and/or six sigma desirable.